Holders of a Golden Visa essentially have a Portugal residence permit which allows them access to the Europe Schengen area.
Without the need of any additional visa and can enjoy long term residency in Portugal.
To apply for a Golden Visa, you have new options under the new regulations.
The Golden Visa is originally issued for one year and then renewed for successive periods of two years.
Providing that the requirements of the investment activity as well as the following minimum stay periods in Portugal are maintained.
There are a number of ways to get a Golden Visa in Portugal; bellow you can find the different options:
- Fund subscription: A minimum commitment of €500,000 to a qualifying Venture Capital or Private Equity fund in Portugal.
- Scientific research: Pledge at least €500,000 towards Science or Tech research. Opt for a low-density region and benefit from a 20% markdown, at €400,000.
- Job creation: Incorporate a company and generate ten jobs, valuing at least €500,000.
- Artistic production: Allocate a minimum of €250,000 to support artistic endeavours.
- National heritage: A donation of €250,000 to Portugal’s national heritage.
- Capital transfer of at least EUR 1 million into Portugal
- Investment of at least EUR 350,000 in scientific research in Portugal
Along with the Portuguese golden visa application, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Passport or valid travel ID
- Proof of legal entry into Portugal (eg. Schengen short-stay visa)
- Proof of health insurance (issued within the last three months)
- Criminal record certificate from country of origin/residence (issued within the last three months)
- Evidence of compliance with tax and Social Security obligations
- Receipt of payment of the Portuguese golden visa fees.
In addition to this, applicants need to show commitment to maintain their investment for a minimum of five years, plus evidence of their investment, for example:
- a bank statement for financial investment
- employment contracts for job creation
- Deeds of purchase for real estate investment.